Sunday, August 4, 2013

Android app 'buzzed'

I participated in developing an android app called 'buzzed' and completed last month(July, 2013). My role was implementing, getting current location of a user, messaging current location to a friend you preset ahead of time, calling pre-saved contacts with a large button. With the current location, it finds nearest taxi services and make a phone call for the first result. In case the taxi service doesn't pick up the phone, it shows other taxi service lists. Also I implemented phone call functionality and text message functionality. The most good thing / valuable thing through this app was the learning experience on parsing json. I parsed JSON for some information, i.g phone number, the name of business using from google api. I learned and experimented quite a lot through this app on LBS(location based service), and I am very into it on building any related apps. Here is the link for my android app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hidevmobile.buzzed

Enjoy it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment